Friday 5 August 2016

We have landed in Portishead: a little introduction



Well hello People, so nice to meet you. My name is Sonja Gortzak and June 2016 I arrived in Portishead, North Somerset with my English husband and our 7 year old son. It has been sad to leave all my friends and family and our beautiful (spacious!) Amsterdam appartement behind but I am ready for a new adventure. And North Somerset is a pretty good place to go to. It is so beautiful, I feel blessed to have moved here. I mean just look at that view:



So after the initial unpacking of many many boxes (and putting the rest, about half, of them) in our garage I finally had some time to make a creative space. That was such a good day. So much tension was relieved the night I said down at that big white desk and made a Project Life layout again for the first time in ages....


Now that I have a desk again and all my supplies at my fingertips I have been in a creating boom. It is too much to create blog posts for but I post most of it on Instagram so be sure to follow me if you're on there as wel: sonja.gortzakhughes .  Some of the things I have been doing:

 I am really into sending snailmail: I love cutting up magazines and the likes and turning them into decorated letters to send to penpals:


I have finally started in my Heidi Swapp Memory Planner. I write a little bit into every day and I really enjoy it. I do some decoratinig with stickers and washi tape and add some stamping and colouring or a photo here and there. So enjoyable.


Our son is not a big crafter, he loves cyling, running, music and cars. So I try and get him involved in crafting by making stuff he can use with his cars:


And then of course there is Stampin' Up! I have been making some cards with the new Serene Sceneries Card Stack from the 2016-2017 catalogue. These were inspired by this video from Patty Bennet and are on their way to their recipients:


I have also used some retired embellishments and stamp sets on this one. One of my goals is to use up the supplies I bring in so I feel like I have made the most of the money I have invested (and there is always room for new stuff:-) So I will be working more in bulk I think and make some more projects with this versatile stack. Next project with these will likely be some Project Life cards. What would you make with these:


Well, have a lovely day and hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Sonja


No comments:

Post a Comment