Thursday 5 January 2017

Wintry Birthday Wishes

Hello there! And a Happy New Year!

It's 2017 and I am rearing to go. I'll start things off with some wintry cards I made just before Christmas using some new Tonic Studios Sentiment Dies: Birthday Wishes and Sent with Love.


For the backgrounds I mixed three of my favourite Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Broken China and Seedless Preserves. Then I stamped a snowflake background (Hero Arts) onto it in Embossing ink and heat embossed with Stampin' Up! Irridescent Ice to give it some sparkle. Lastly I die cut both sentiments twice: once in white and once in black. I then stacked the white sentiment onto the black sentiment so that it overlapped a bit to create a shadow effect to make the sentiment stand out more. And then I adhered them to a thick cardstock base and sent them off to their new homes!

Thanks for dropping by and hope I inspired you to go and make something yourself.

xx

Sonja



2 comments:

  1. Loving the vibrant inky backgrounds; sets off the sentiments beautifully. Lou x

    ReplyDelete